When it comes time to shop around for a new email marketing solution, doing research and taking the time to properly weigh out your options often doesn’t happen. In most cases, we simply opt for the cheapest solution to save money.
We do this even though there are important aspects to consider when making this decision, and it shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Below is a checklist that will help you consider the important aspects to ensure that you are making the right decision by choosing the solution that best suits your needs:
- Is the solution user-friendly and does it allow me to easily edit and design my emails?
- Am I able to create professional-looking emails without being a graphic designer?
- Can I easily interpret & analyze the results & statistics provided?
- Can I segment lists of contacts for various purposes?
- Is it easy to manage my lists and contacts?
- Can I schedule emails in advance?
- Can I personalize, segment & regionalize my emails?
- Is the process of subscribing & unsubscribing automated?
- Does the tool helps me respect anti-spam laws in:
- Does the provider have a good reputation?
- Do the servers and techniques used favour deliverability?
- Are the Sender Policy Framework (SPF), the DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) and other technical elements taken into consideration when emails are being sent?
- Is the pricing fair?
- Is it based on the total number of single contacts, or total number of contacts from each of my lists rather than the number of emails sent.
- Will I be charged for duplicate contacts?
- If a contact is present in more than one list will I be charged more than once?
- Do I have access to technical support?
- Is this support adequate, offering complete solutions & answers.
- Is it offered in the language of your choice?
- What are the hours of operation? Is their availability convenient for you?
- Do they get back to you promptly?
- Is there documentation, an FAQ section, a blog, a live chat, and a 1-800 number available?
In conclusion, the efforts and money you are willing to invest in email marketing will correspond directly with your expectations. Make sure you take the time to consider all of your options.
P.S. Since you’re looking for the right email marketing tool, why not give Cyberimpact a try!